Saturday, September 15, 2007

Our First Post

It seems that we're one of the last to make a blog and since we've got some kids that change by the day, we need a blog. And we hope that it will make it easier for family and friends to see pictures more regularly if they want to.


For those of you who haven't heard, we moved to Magna, Utah. We love owning a house (or at least living in the house the bank owns). But, like some of our friends said, renting does have it's perks too. It seems like there is a never-ending amount of work to do. We need to recarpet and paint and plant grass and fix the roof and the cabinets and . . . but we love it. We finally have a yard where Luke can go outside and play and we can do what we want to the house. We can put holes in the wall wherever we want and we don't have to feel badly about it. And it's bigger too so we can spread out a little bit. We're loving it.


And the boys are doing well too. Jacob is growing especially fast (he hit 20lbs by 3 months) and Luke has just had his first haircut (which was long overdue). They love to play together although Jacob is still pretty young. But he does smile whenever he sees Luke. And Luke loves to give him kisses and try to pick him up. Having two really isn't quite as hard as I suspected. I just try to work it so I really only have to work with one kid at a time. When Luke is eating, I'm feeding Jacob. And when Luke is running around, Jacob is sitting there with me. And when Luke is sleeping, I try to get Jacob to sleep to and then I have my own time. It's working well although I wouldn't get any prize for accomplishing tons of tasks during the day. But everyone is happy and healthy and that's the goal.
Adam is liking his job but I suspect that I might like it even more. He leaves around 7:30AM and then comes home around 6PM and we've got the whole night together. There are no more race cars to build or homework to finish or tests to take. And on top of that, we now have a steady income. Finally! Although I already miss being in Provo but there's a time and a season I guess.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! Looks like you are keeping busy. And your boys are sure getting big!

beapinkal said...

Wow...I LOVE IT!!! You did a great job my friend:) The kids...wow!!! They are so cute. I love Luke's new hair.He is a big boy now;)we miss you guys. Hopefully see you soon!And post a lots of pictures...i'm so excited:)
Bea

april said...

WoW!!!!!!!!! jacob is a chunk. christine is only 12.3lbs on her 4 month check up. i understand how nice it is to own your own home. hour is under constant construction but at least it is nice to have my husband doing the work so it is a lot cheaper. love ya guys.

april from cedar

Alicia and Ryan said...

Your baby's cheeks are HUGE! My sister (who was reading over my shoulder) says her kids don't get that big until they're over a year old. Thanks for the update!

Ned and Betty Dalton said...

Adrienne & Adam, thanks for the pictues of our baby boys, how cute they both are. Luke is still cute even if you cut his curls off. Your mom got here today and we put her to work canning apples. We are looking forward to seeing all of you soon. Love, Grandpa and grandma Dalton

Debbie said...

Thank you so much for the Blog! Those are the cutest Boys I have ever seen....We love you All.

love, mom

beapinkal said...

Look at that...how much they love your blog hah??? I told you that you need to make one:)Thanks for everything! Love ya,
B.

Melanie said...

Thanks for the update- it looks like you guys are having fun! Good luck with your house. Keep in touch!

Erica said...

So nice to find long lost friends because of blogs! Your boys are looking adorable and it sounds like life is treating you well. Keep in touch!

Rachael said...

oh wow! I can't BELIEVE how big luke is! and you have two! fun!! i am excited that you have a blog and i can keep tabs on you and steal your mother-of-two secrets (since i am feeling preeetty overwhelmed!)

Kristin Hanson said...

Hi guys - I was really sad that I didn't get to say good bye to you before you moved! Those boys of yours are so adorbale and BIG! Yikes, you only moved, what, two months ago?

Gary Blackburn said...

Wow!!! What a great blog. Someone must have brought you up right. Keep the pictures coming!

beapinkal said...

I'm excited for more pictures:) Keep posting:):)

Jennifer said...

I love your blog! Your boys are too cute! Keep those pictures coming!

Rachael said...

adrienne--i wish I had good advice to offer about jake! the pediatrician told me that she's been seeing a lot of wheezy little babies, most likely because of the changes in temperature. she said going from a heated outside to an air-conditioned house would likely also contribute. she suggested we rub some vicks vapor rub on her chest, but i haven't noticed any difference when we've done that.

we've had a humidifier going, and that seems to have helped. we also put a space heated in her room to try to keep it super warm and moist all the time--just so it's consistent.

Rachael said...

oops--sorry! Jacob, not Jake. :-)