Friday, October 26, 2007

Pumpkins

So last night we finally got our pumpkins but we didn't go to a cute pumpkin patch like it seems everyone else did. We went to thrifty Smith's and had lots of fun! We dressed up the kids in their halloween pajamas and went to find our pumpkins. Luke insisted on trying to pick up all of the pumpkins which he surely would have dropped had he been buff enough to get them out of the bin. He was very funny. But I think Adam had the most fun. He would get into the bin and look at almost every pumpkin. Then, he would find one and bring it back to me, trying to hide a big smile (because he has to act like he's not super excited about "this" pumpkin) and ask me what I thought. Like that matters. He has the picture in his mind of exactly what his pumpkin will look like. He knows what his pumpkin needs to look like :) I hope he doesn't get too disappointed when it's done with those lofty goals and not enough time. And since we have two kids, they need pumpkins too and since they're too little, I guess we'll be carving those too. Be ready for a scare! I'll include some pictures when they're done.

And, we got our spider out on the lawn. Hope the kids don't get too scared :)


Lately, Luke has been doing the funniest things. Just thought I'd post for those out there who don't get to see him much. A few days ago, he started spinning around until he gets so dizzy that he falls over. Then I laugh at him and he laughs. Then he stands up to do it again. Each time he does it, the spinning diminishes and finally, he just stands up to fall down because he knows that we think it's very funny. He is a funny kid. And today, for some odd reason, he decided he needs to learn to jump. I don't even think we taught him how. And we don't jump all too often. NEWay, he started crouching down really low and then popping up. He doesn't quite make it up off the ground. I guess that's too scary. He gets as high as his tippy toes and then goes back down to crouching position for another jump. He makes me laugh.

Luke with his "Trunk or Treat" candy. He sure loves candy. He is a clown this year. I'll include more pics later.

And I thought I'd put in a picture of Jacob in his normal face. I usually have him smiling in the picture (if I can) because it's so cute but most of the time, he looks like this. Cute chubby cheeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get to have a real Halloween this year! How fun! You'll definitely have to post pictures of Luke and Jacob in their costumes. TGIF!

beapinkal said...

Oh how I miss you guys! Jacob is so so so cute. I want to see him. Spider??? That is crazy:) I can't waite to see those pics. You have to come to our ward party!:)

Kristin Hanson said...

It was so good to see you guys tonight! Keep feeding that boy pork rinds - he's super chubby cute!

Unknown said...

I agree with Kristin, it was so fun to see you guys tonight, your kids are so cute. Geren had a lot of fun talking with Adam too, and that is a compliment! and I love that both of our kids were frogs... great minds think alike.