Monday, February 25, 2008

Recap

I have tried to post for awhile now and my computer is timing out on the pictures but now I finally have the time and the willpower to try and catch up. It's been about a month so here are a few updates:

  • Luke had his 2nd birthday and he could both light and blow out his candles which he did very successfully. He loved his cake but mostly loved hanging out with his aunts and uncles and with the toys they gave him. He also got a really fun big play set thing which is still sitting in our front room which doesn't do much for our decor but it's the best place for playing on it so it stays, for now. There is a video below of the first time he saw it. Hope you don't think I'm too bad of a parent. I didn't see that he hit his face until later. Oops. Good thing he recuperates fast.
  • Jacob is doing great. He continues to grow. He is about 26lbs now and very smiley. He loves to be held which is great if you're sitting. Otherwise, it can tire you out.
  • Adam and I are doing great too. We were sad to hear about the passing of President Hinckley but are excited to learn by President Monson. He has such a different method of teaching and although I don't understand all his stories/quotes/parables quite yet, I'm excited to learn.
  • We took our opportunity to vote on Super Tuesday but were quite dissapointed with how few people there were out there. There were maybe 300 out of 1200 voters who voted at our polling location. Either way, we're following the primary pretty closely and like to talk about the issues at hand and what we think about each candidates points of view.
  • Last week my mom came out to visit and we didn't do much which was just the way I like it. At least this time around. We went to Provo and hung out with the fam down there. We also got to see Gloria's wedding dress which was beautiful. Stay posted for pictures coming around May. We also got to take a trip to Sam's Club. That place is full of fun stuff. But I don't think we'll ever get a card there. Do you think you can ever recoup the costs? I'm not sure. Plus, although buying in bulk is good if it's cheaper, I'd rather not have my money tied up in food. Then again, that goes against the 2 year supply thing. Guess some money should be tied up in food. Sorry for the rambling. On a similar note, I have almost got 72 hour kits put together and I'm pretty proud. We could leave the house if a few minutes and have all we need. Yeah for preparedness!
  • We've been pretty busy with callings lately. Saturday night we helped run kids games for the ward "Game Night" which was fun but wore me out. Adam held up much better. I think the confined space with so many kids and flying balls and all sorts of other flying objects and a couple crying kids did the trick. I'm now on the recovery.
  • We got wireless (thanks dad). Yeah for sitting by the fire surfing the Net for gardening tips. We are planning our first garding for this summer and we're very excited. We're going to plant: tomatoes, squash (yellow, zuchini, spaghetti, butternut), corn, peas, canteloupes, peppers (green, anaheim), and sweet onions. That's it for now. I'll keep you posted.







4 comments:

Kristyn said...

Glad to see the update! I was onwdering about you guys. So many things to comment on, but what fun things you have going on!!

whitney said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! Happy Birthday to Luke-he's getting so old! I can't even believe how big Jacob is! That is one solid little boy:)! Georgia is 9 mo. today and is still 16 lbs (she's a skinny little thing). I'm jealous of your garden-planning. We tentatively hoping to start a garden ourselves this summer (there's a patch of dirt in the corner of our yard), but we have to ask our landlords first. Good luck with all that and it was great to see an update from ya'll!

estev said...

Adam, I love the beard and mexican sweater! We just started looking for houses. It's been good to live with family, but we're ready for the next step. Houses are expensive...

Rachael said...

with sam's club, did you know you can split a membership with a friend? kristin knies and i did that when we lived in provo and it was great. and we went about once a week together on the days when our husbands were gone on campus forever, and it was just fun. :-) but it was also pretty close. which is why i don't have a sam's club membership anymore--it's like half an hour away.