Monday, March 31, 2008

Power out

Last night around 3:30, there was this really weird noise outside. It woke us up and Adam ran around the house looking for trouble. Apparently the noise was a transformer arcing. Which is bad and puts out power to whomever is on those power lines. So Adam called the police to notify them of the problem because it can be very dangerous and then we attempted to sleep. It didn't last long because the heat in our home dropped to about 45. Something must be seriously wrong with our insulation for our home temperature to drop so low in about4 hours. So before Adam left for work, he built me a fire in our fireplace and moved the couch cushions so I could sleep on them in front of the fire. What a sweet husband.

My survival mode kicked in as kids were waking up so I made them sit by the fire and we had bread with peanut butter and marshmallows so we wouldn't have to open the fridge and loose the cold in there. It was a very cozy breakfast and made me appreciate our electricity. It's been a long time since I have gone without it.

And then the power came on. Hallelujah.

And so we started the laundry and now I'm going to go fold it while watching "Never been kissed" which we just got at DI. (DI has great VHS movies for $1.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's crazy to think how dependent we are on consistent electric power. I, for one, do not even have a fireplace in my apartment, let alone two little snuggly kids to help keep me warm. :)

Park said...

we had the powerout experience also. I'm glad it didn't last long. Your blog is so cute. We should plan a day when you can help me!I can't figure the picture thing out? Fun for you to do???
Have a great day!
JaLynn :-)

Crystal and Rosario said...

Your story reminds me of when the heat went out at Cheers on the Friday after Thanksgiving and we couldn't get it fixed forever because everybody was on vacation! Thank goodness you had a fireplace and a super sweet husband to make a nice place for you! :-)

Kika VilaNova said...

Yay for electricity!!!

I miss you woman! :)