Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Potty training

I am going to start potty training Luke in a few weeks. ANY advice would be appreciated. I've read some books but there are all sorts of theories out there.

I think most of the hesitation is that I'm not ready. How do I get past that? I don't think I'm ready to clean up messes. Although diapers are gross, it's not grosser than if it's on the carpet.

Help.

7 comments:

Kathryn Cooper said...

Good luck. I wish I had some advice for you. Tyson's 20 months, and I probably won't consider it until he's around 2 years old. I'm not really looking forward to the process either; just the results.

Kika VilaNova said...

diapers + ducktape?? :)

jk

hugs!!

Aubrey said...

There's no easy way around it, unfortunately. But I have to tell you its well worth it just to buckle down and do it. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

My coworker says that she potty trained her boys by putting a cheerio in the toilet, then telling them to pee on the cheerio...

whitney said...

Honestly, I'm totally struggling w/the whole potty-training thing myself. I'm completely ready, but Ezra is aparently not. He understands what the potty is and he can even go in it, he just doesn't want to. It's like he doesn't want the responsibility or something. I'm just super-frusterated b/c I sooo don't want three kids in diapers. Sorry, I'm hijacking-just saying I can totally relate. Good luck!

Kika VilaNova said...

How is potty training going? :)

Kristyn said...

I swear I'm going to start potty training my son like tomorrow. I just realized the mass amounts we spend on diapers and wipes each month, and then realized how cheap underwear is. So let me know what to do. I'm joining your boat.