We have been busy. It all started with my two kiddos causing a stir. I come in one day after an attempted naptime to find their room a disaster. And part of the disaster was caused by a nice book (even signed by grandma w.) ripped to shreds. I was planning a gradual move to the basement bedroom for them but it happened a little more quickly. It was actually more like an exile. I moved their beds down there right away and stripped the room of everything else. The only thing in there is the night light, monitor, and beds. I thought it was kid proof. It seems like every day, they find something else to destroy in there. They found the instruction manual under the crib slats and ripped it to shreds. Today I go down there and Jacob has ripped a huge hole in his mattress and pulled out the stuffing so it now shows bare springs. I told him he has to pay me for the mattress with whatever money he has. It's too bad he doesn't have any. But he seemed penitent. Until next naptime I am sure. Or attempted naptime I should say.
On a brighter note, we have been loving the weather. We go outside and play a lot. And go to the park. And they are easily entertained outside. It's pretty nice.
Jane is doing well too. She's a cutie. She has started figuring out how to grab something and get it to her mouth. She makes me smile. And so do my boys. I'm sure one day I'll think of the mattress and be a little nostalgic. Not today.
I'm off to hunt bears. Oh the versatile life of a mom.
6 comments:
Wow... I don't know if even I could rip my mattress apart with my bare hands.
hehehe- Your boys are cool:) They can find things to do even if you move everything from their room. Watch out- they might try to do something with the wall one day;) jk. I miss you. Did you get my invite for the open house?
Hey adrianne. So crazy and fun to see you at the doctors today! Shoot me an email for your email so we can get together. See ya!
SO, was it the baby who was infected? I hear you guys are headed away, Trent was hoping Adam would help him move the coop....
oops. you know how it is. jenn.erickson@hotmail.com
Oh, goodness! The mattress, huh...I'm pretty speechless.
On the other hand, ya gotta hand it to him, the boy's got skills.
Post a Comment