Blackburn trip:
Jane's first real time swimming. I think she looks a little wary. She should with those two brothers of hers. Turns out she loved the water. Totally unlike her brothers at her age.
You wouldn't believe it but my boys loved going swimming which is the first time ever. They became fearless which was a little scary as a parent so they were closely supervised. They went down this slide lots of times with my bro at the bottom to catch them. Loved it.
A really fun time at the beach. In San Diego. La Jolla if you know the area. I totally recommend the beach. It was the perfect weather, waves were fine, and fun family.
Grandma and Jacob
The inside. Hot and authentic.
Then we took a trip to see the calves. Adam's fam works at a feed yard. Here are the newest additions to the feed yard.
Swimming again. We spent a lot of time in that little pool because it was fun and hot.


Back to the Blackburn side.
Sleeping arrangements were tight wherever we went. I'm glad to be back home with more space where I can let my kids cry a little if need be. But a big thanks to everyone who tolerated the sleeping/crying kids. And to Grandma W. who got up countless times to take Jane or Jacob. THANKS!
Back to the Blackburn side.
Coloring.

Eating dirt and worms.

And, for the record, while we were down there, my mom bought the first pair of jeans she's had since I've been born. I was blown away! Here they are. Cute mom!

Tried out my photography skills, which are slim to none by my parents have some pretty flowers in the yard.
And while I was gone, Adam went to scout camp. I didn't plan to hear from him for 6 days because there was no signal. Then, I get a call on wed night with news of this: 8 stitches to the finger. Poor guy. But I guess it's about time he's had some stitches. He's had too many close calls not to have some by now. He's a toughy and says it doesn't hurt. I just smile and give him a kiss. He also replaced the water heater while we were gone. With the help of some friends. Thank you. And thanks to the neighbors for watering our garden with 5 gallon buckets when we accidentally turned off the water before we left. We owe you big time!
And a little "shout out" to my brother James who went down the slip and slide. I told him if he'd go down again, he's make the blog. So here he is, brave as can be.
Eating dirt and worms.

And, for the record, while we were down there, my mom bought the first pair of jeans she's had since I've been born. I was blown away! Here they are. Cute mom!
Tried out my photography skills, which are slim to none by my parents have some pretty flowers in the yard.
And a little "shout out" to my brother James who went down the slip and slide. I told him if he'd go down again, he's make the blog. So here he is, brave as can be.
6 comments:
I am soooo jealous!!! :) It looks like you guys had a great time...and in-n-out...you got me there. How I miss your family!!! I love your mom's new jeans~ that is so funny!!
Eva's been goosed by a goose too. She was highly offended. Probably because we all laughed at her. missed you at Liberty yesterday!
WE MISS YOU ALL! Next time I hope we get Adam also. By the way, Adam's finger looks sore to me.
What a fun trip!! I can't believe you froze a burrito for Adam - you are the wife of the year!! And I can't believe your mom got away with no new jeans for that long. Seriously, how did she do it??
I saw your comment on my blog - and I must say that picture of that flower turned out fantastic! I've got the Canon 30D (we just upgraded from the 10D, which Thacker broke [it was a sad, sad day] but both are great cameras and I would recommend either). But you must have a pretty good one yourself to get that bokeh effect in that flower shot. What do you have? Taking pictures is the best, huh? I love messing around with them!
wow that trips looks fun! it's like a post-pictionaire!
About my post...
It is not about rulling out "everyone" but it is about rulling out the people whose actions hurt me. I will not reach worthiness to go back to live with HF if I use all my time and energy on people who unfortunatelly are not ready for a friendship like the one I have to offer, because when I am a friend I do go all the way. So I will always be polite and kind to others, to everyone, but I will concentrate my efforts on those closer to me: my family.
Hope you understand what I mean. And I hope no one ever makes you go though what I have gone through recently.
love ya!
What a fun time! I can't even believe how big your kids are! I know I say that every comment, but it's still true! If your kids are growing up, then mine must be too-eek!
love Jane's swimming suit, by the way! Oh, and despite fact I don't know your mom, I'm still lovin' her jeans-so cute!
Post a Comment