I guess it's about time i gave everyone an update. Nothing spectatular, just busy.
Here are the kiddos on a hike. For Adam's b-day, we went hiking up little cottonwood canyon, the day before the "creek" doubled in size and flooded further down. And it was so fast paced, I wouldn't even let my kids near it. Anyway, we love hiking together.
In the meantime, we have been working on the yard. We got two dump truck loads (26 tons) of rock to make a rock wall. It was exciting. We had to take down some parts of the fence to get the dump truck in. The rocks were much bigger than expected so we had to get a tractor to move them. One fell on a tomato plant but surprisingly, it's still alive and kickin.
Then, at the peak of yardwork, the kiddos and I went to CA. They got their first cousin! Congrats J and G. Here she is. Jane and Jacob love her. Luke is still warming up. I asked them if they wanted another baby in our family and Jacob told me he doesn't want a new baby, he wants their baby.
While in CA, we visited Disneyland for the 1st time. Lots of fun! Kids loved it. Thanks G and G. I'm not going to put a ton of pictures but we had so much fun.
While we were in CA, Adam made us a rock wall. Thank you Adam. The slide is just one of those perks. Today we're going to till the whole yard and fill in between rocks.
Oh yeah, and the garden is in and doing pretty well. Wish we had better soil but oh well. When I went to the IFA, the guy there said that we only have about 7% organic matter and the midwest has about 70% in the soil. No wonder it's more diffucult to grow things here.
And here are some random pictures.
The kids get ready for church and then we fix them up.



4 comments:
Wow! How did Adam move all those rocks by himself? Love the update! You're kids are so cute. Where does Jane get that light blonde hair? I thought at least one of your kids would be dark skinned/haired like you!
we love you guys! can't wait to see you in moab and then we can really hang out and play!
That last picture of Jane is just to die for! She's so pretty (as are all of your little ones :). That rock wall of yours is impressive! Go Adam! lol at Jacob's comment about wanting their baby.
I love that last pic of Jane! Great candid shot! I can't believe how big your babies are getting!
Post a Comment