Monday, October 25, 2010

Baby, It's cold outside

Did I mention that Adam and I love to cook.  Adam is actually the better cook but since I do most of the cooking, I must say, I'm getting better.
We found this book at DI.  Love it.  Risotto takes awhile to make but it's soo good (at least the recipies we've tried.)  If you want to try it, i'll give you a recipe we like.


Here is our first fire of the season.  One of the things I love about it getting cold.  I much rather prefer summer but if it has to be cold, I like it when the fireplace is going, my kids are running around like crazies or reading a book, and I get to read a book snuggled next to my cute husband.

We inventoried our snow stuff last night.  Good thing.  It snowed this morning.  As suspected, the cheap gloves aren't that good for making snowballs.  The kids kept changing gloves cause they kept getting wet.

We made a snowman before 9AM so the snow was still there.  I think it's funny we have a snowman but no snow. 

I don't actually like winter that much. I used to but with kids, it's much different. All of my kids have hated the snow with a passion when they're little. I got Jane all dressed up in warm clothes this morning and took her outside with us and she just stands there and crys uncontrollably until we go inside.  Snow is fun I tell her.  I even try to get her to eat some.  She will have nothing of it.  All of my kids have done this.  Luckily Luke and Jacob have grown out of it.  Maybe next year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute yellow hat for Jane, cute fire, cute snowman, cute apron! And I am thinking that Adam is more perfect for you than I had previously thought! (That insight is not from the post per se, more was from the visit.)

beapinkal said...

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO COME AND VISIT US MY FRIEND?:)

whitney said...

I say soup and a nice fire are about the only things that keep me going through the winter.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

looking great girl! I think I want to try a rissotto recipe! give me your best one, Love you Adri!