I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. We are alive and well. Actually, really well.
Me: I'm getting the hang of 4 kids. I do a lot of damage control and try to fit lots of fun things in the cracks. We like sleepovers, reading books, making treats, taking walks, and playing at the park. We got a shed from the neighbors who were going to throw it out and we got it over to our house and reassembled. Thanks! So I learned how to use a circular saw (which has always kinda scared me) and made shelves and then cleaned out the garage so we can park Roxanne in there. She a tough old bird who needs tender loving care.
![]() |
| My first pan of rolls |
I also recently found out about a charter school going up near our house and we're trying to get our kids in. This requires large amounts of volunteer hours but we hope it will be worth it. (http://entheosacademy.org/) You can ask me about it if you want more info.
And, I've recently gotten into family history. I always thought the work was at a standstill or done. It's not. It's really, really fun. Check out the new website. It will help you link everything together. (http://new.familysearch.org)
Adam: He is a great dad and a great cook. When he's not at work, he plays with us. Or takes care of the kids while I'm out which has been a lot lately. He makes the best bonfires and carves really cool pumpkins.
Luke: Luke has really been into numbers and letters and words lately. This is so so great. I've been worried about him forever (probably because he's my first and don't want him to be behind) but he was just never interested in academics stuff until about a year ago. It was still pretty difficult to get him to remember stuff but it's really nice sending him to kindergarten and having him come home knowing new words. We would work on a word for an hour and still have trouble. His teacher just has to say "Y-O-U spell you!" and he's got it. So he's now reading small books. And he counts everything. And I mean everything. And loves to add. And he's a great brother and helper. And he has the greatest laugh, just like his dad.Jacob: He's just the sweetest little guy. He's in preschool at the same school as Luke and really likes it. And he started speech school through the school district which is helping I think. It's good for him to have someone else give him HW so he knows it's important to learn to talk so he can be understood. He loves to hold Dalton and eats a lot of cereal every morning.
Jane: She super cute and super stubborn. She keeps up with her brothers just fine and is really into mermaids. Purple ones. Everytime we go to the dollar store, she wants a mermaid. Another one. It's pretty funny. She can also get into this broken recorder mood. If she wants something, she won't stop saying it until you've put her in timeout for awhile. Like this morning, it was "pink socks". I say I don't know where they are. I'll look for them and then she can put them on. For now, put on these white ones. Meanwhile, she's saying "I want pink ones" over and over and over. This happens multiple times a day.
![]() |
| Baby Jane loves a fine pair of shoes. She's always looking through mine and clomping through the house. |
![]() |
| She loves to read to Dalton |
Dalton: He's got these super chubby cheeks and is really smiley. He is tickish and laughs a lot. He loves it when you scare him. He's sleeping through the night pretty much. Sometimes we go in to stick his pacifier back in. He loves tummy time and usually sleeps on his tummy. He spits up more than any of my other kids and regularly soaks his burp cloths.
![]() |
| Dalton's 3 month birthday! |
Some of the fun things we've been doing:
![]() |
| Dance party with light sticks (courtesy of Kim) |
![]() |
| Building things out of those wood kits. (boat, birdhouse, biplane) |
![]() |
| Millcreek Canyon hiking during conference weekend. We love to take our radio up there and hike around inbetween. |







2 comments:
I believe these pictures are worthy of my first comment on your blog :) I love your kids so much! It's weird to me that I basically only know Dalton through pictures. I claim some quality time with that boy over Thanksgiving. mmmk?
hey adrienne- i want to invite you to be and add yourself as a follower on this blog. My Challenge blog. for my weight loss challenge i am doing. Even though you can't participate in the challenge. You have the link right?
Post a Comment