Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas

Whoever says that 'once you have 3 kids, 4 is no big deal' was kidding.

I feel like my whole life revolves around keeping all chillins safe, healthy, fed, and clothed.  Oh, and then there's me and my cute hubby too.  We have to be fed and clothed too.  And then there's the basic house keep up too. Is it too much to ask for a spill free breakfast.  I do not like to clean up rice krispies.  Those things get everywhere!

And yet, this is exactly where I want to be.  I like the constant busyness.  It was a bit tough a few years ago when I stopped working and started staying home full-time.  The shock of no deadlines and not much intelligent conversation takes some getting used to.  It took me a year or two to actually enjoy being home.  But now I can't imagine anything else.  I'm not sure how working moms do it.  How do you keep up on everything.  I am so grateful that Adam has a good job so he can be the sole provider and I can stay home.  It's true.  Sometimes I worry my mechanical engineering degree is slipping away but for the time being, there's no other option.  I won't sacrifice time with my cute little family for anything else.

Wow, this is a bit deeper than i usually go.

Just for kicks and giggles, a few happenings at the Whittle house:
1.  Tuesday jacob put a BB in his ear that we couldn't get out.  a trip to the dr. fixed that.  didn't want to accidentally knock his ear tubes past the eardrum or anything.  He told me that "maybe we can pour water in his other ear and it will come out".  He's a sweet little guy.
2.  Wed found Jane and Jacob having a cereal feast downstairs.  And of course, spilled milk on the carpet.  As cute as it was, that is totally against the rules.  And how I missed any tell tale signs of that going on downstairs are beyond me.
3.  Adam starts a new job.  today.  I'm excited for him.  and us.  Still waiting for word from him on his very first day.  I should take a picture.  I'm sure he would appreciate that.
4.  I played my oboe in the local concert tues and thurs.  we're not super good but it's really fun and we're getting much better.  and we play some really fun songs.
5.  dalton has the same cough jacob had when he was little.  you know that one that stayed for 9 months.  yes, that one.  but, it doesn't seem as bad.  i don't think his oxygen levels are low.
6.  my sciatic nerves did not get better when i had a baby like people said they would.  i was really planning on that.  i guess i might have to do some of my own physical therapy.
7.  I sent out the Christmas card.  It's really cute.  I'll post it on here after I think people have gotten theirs in the mail.
8.  Jane's birthday is tomorrow.  She makes me smile.  Today she asked me to tell her a "little Ariel story".  I do my best.  She smiles and is happy.  And then takes a nap.


Went to see the lights on temple square last night.  Lovely.
Brought hot chocolate and rolls for afterwards.

3 comments:

rachelle c said...

If that picture is of little Dalton, I cannot believe how much he looks like Jacob!!! We got your Christmas card and you will be getting ours one day :) I just barely ordered them 10 minutes ago!!! Way cute card and letter by the way! Excited to see you guys soon. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and tell little Jane Happy Birthday from us :)

COOLWHIP said...

Sorry if I gave you false hopes. 3 was hard for me. It was all down hill after that. way way way down hill.

Crystal and Rosario said...

I don't know how moms of more than 2 do it! I feel like that is my whole life is feeding, cleaning, and taking care of babies. Your kids are all so cute. You do a good job taking care of them. :-) Awesome job playing your oboe! I haven't touched mine in so long now. I miss it. Maybe one day I will get back into it. Merry Christmas to all of you!