Me. Do you mean drugs? (a police officer visited preschool today)
Jacob: Oh yea, drugs.
Me: Do you know what drugs are?
Jacob: No, but they are bad.
Jane: We don't talk to strangers, no.
Me: You're right Jane. Don't talk to strangers.
Jane: We don't marry strangers either. No.
Me: (A little chuckle). Right, we don't marry strangers either. That would be bad.
(Jane ends lots of sentences with the word No. I guess to emphasize her point.)
Luke's first loose tooth
Luke: (running in crying) My tooth just broke off, it wasn't loose. I was just biting a lego and it broke off!
(He's doing better now that I told him it's normal and that the tooth fairy will be coming tonight.)
Luke: (running in crying) My tooth just broke off, it wasn't loose. I was just biting a lego and it broke off!
(He's doing better now that I told him it's normal and that the tooth fairy will be coming tonight.)
Yesterday at breakfast
Luke: We should have two breakfasts today.
Me: Why. We should only eat when we are hungry.
Jacob: No. We should eat when we are upset.
Me: What! where did you learn that?
Jacob: Kung Fu Panda says that.
My kids say funny things. I don't have the best memory for remembering those kinds of things so I thought I'd write down a few.
We've been busy lately with Adam's new schedule for work. He works longer hours but then has days off. It's really great having those days off and we're still adjusting to the longer hours. Adam's family is moving to Parowan, ut (where they are going to run a dairy) and so we've been down a couple times since we have more days off. I love having them closer!
Jacob has started wrestling. He such a sweet kid you wouldn't think he's be an aggressive wrestler but he is. He's pretty good I think. His first tournament is next week so we'll see. He does not like to go and do the stretches or learn moves because he went to wrestle and that's all he'll willingly do. Last week we had trouble because he wouldn't wrestle because the kid was 5 and he's only 4 but after 15 minutes, we worked out some sort of compromise and he wrestled him.
Luke started soccer and likes it but at his first game (and only game so far) the fastest he moved was a shuffle. I think it's because he doesn't like large audiences and gets embarrassed. But, he's a fast runner and likes soccer so we're trying to emphasize always doing our best so next game will be a better effort.
I finally figured out what's wrong with my sciatic nerves. Read a book about sciatic nerve pain and diagnosed myself with sacroiliac joint dysfunction. Basically, your spine sits in your pelvis and it's not supposed to move but it can. And with that hormone that makes you extra stretchy when pregnant with the weight of a baby, I think it moved while I was pregnant with Dalton and it's been bugging me ever since. So I went to a physical therapist and he confirmed it and popped it back into place and I have to be careful so it stays there and have exercises to do and have to fix my posture. It's so nice to finally have it on the way to getting fixed. Running and abs weren't helping anything.
Jane likes to dance like a ballerina, a lot.
And Dalton is crawling.
5 comments:
yay! for a great update!
Love all the funny conversations. Kid-logic always makes me giggle :)
Wow! Your kids are awesome! And I'm glad that you've been able to get yourself taken care of. You are such an awesome friend and person.
Wugs are bad! So cute! I have sciatic nerve problems too. I wonder if I should go see a physical therapist? they started about 1 year ago, I think because of all the timeI spend sitting on my butt (60 mile commute, 40-50 hour work week, studying at nights.). Yoga helps a little but not entirely.
Love reading about your family :) Keep us updated on if your sciatic nerve problem improves. That sounds just like the pain I have from my last pregnancy and I'd love to hear what works and if you're able to solve it!
-Ashley :)
Great job on diagnosing your self! Super impressed! Love how Jane ends sentences in No, so cute.
Post a Comment