Friday, November 30, 2007

Updates

It's been quite a while since we've posted and I feel bad for all those dedicated onlookers of our blog. But, as for excuses, it has been a very busy month again. A few weeks ago, someone stole our beloved stroller from behind our fence gate. I discovered it missing as I was about to walk to the doctor's office to get Jacob caught up on his shots. So I ran to the neighbor and borrowed hers. And she said we can borrow it until we get another one which was super nice. When I told Adam about the missing stroller, we thought maybe we should go and get a dog as a protectorate for our yard. That very night we found the perfect puppy. He is black and very cute and lively. We brought him home and he went to the bathroom on the floor many times and whined all night. And to top it off, Jacob had a fever because he got shots that day. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep. After a few more accidents by the dog on the carpet, he was banished outside. I had not idea how much work it is to clean up after 2 kids and a dog so he had to go outside. But then I feel bad because maybe he isn't getting enough attention or maybe he's cold or . . . and the list goes on. So we talked it over and we decided to sell him again. Because when he's a puppy, we can still get him into a good home and not have to worry about losing a lot of money and giving him a bad home. So our little "Axle" left on Tuesday for a better home I hope. I hope they love him as much as we did. It was just too much work and we didn't have the time to train him properly. I hope they do.

As for Thanksgiving, we ate a lot and had a lot of fun. My whole family came into town and stayed at our home (minus my parents) and each day we went to a house my aunt rented for her and all of her kids and families. We watched movies, played games, played pool, went on walks, went shopping together, and Adam and I even snuck away for a date one night. Yipee! But the best part was to have everyone together. We had a FHE where we talked about gratitude and it was so nice to hear how much family means to everyone. So it was nice to all be together. And, to top it off, my brother (the 21 year old) proposed to his girlfriend! Gloria (that's her name)! Yipee! Some of you might know her because she hung out with us even when he was on his mission. And she was our favorite baby sitter. So we are very excited to get her officially in the family (and not just because she's our favorite sitter). She just fits right in. She will also be the first in-law for us. Adam and I are the oldest in our families and the only ones married so far so we're excited to have someone else get married. And maybe one day, sooner rather than later, Luke can have some cousins. (No pressure of course to the family that might read this)

So currently we're getting ready for Christmas. I had no idea Christmas trees were so expensive. So we were debating whether we would get one or now but Adam got a bonus today so I think we're in! I love Christmas trees! It will be our first one. Now I just have to think of something to get Adam for Christmas. He's very hard to shop for because he never wants anything. It has to come solely from your ideas. Good thing I have a few ideas. Hope he likes them as much as I do.

And, as for kids, they're doing well too. Jacob rolled over for the first time yesterday and loves sticking out his toungue. Luke has been throwing little tantrums lately so we're working on a anti-tantrum plan. I hope it works soon because it's not that fun when he throws one during Sacrament meeting.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

oh SAD! i can't believe someone stole your stroller!!!

on the christmas tree note, check out the grocery stores and home improvement stores. i remember getting one at smith's for $20, and we just got a really gorgeous one at Menards (like Home Depot) for $22 tonight!

Kathryn Cooper said...

Let me know how the anti-tantrum plan works. I need something around here. =) No Tyson's not too bad yet.