Monday, March 10, 2008

March Updates

Last Thursday we took Jacob to the doctor because he's congested again (last time it lasted 2+ months and 3 rounds of increasingly stronger antibiotics). It doesn't seems to be getting worse or better but it has been a month so I figured I'd take him in. It turns out he has an ear infection. No signs or anything. So once that is taken care of, we can work with the congestion. Then I thought I'd ask about what I should do about Luke's lack of vocabulary. He proceeded to check out his ears and he also has an ear infection. And this was even more of a surprise. I wonder how long he had it. We got colds in the beginning of Feb. Maybe he's had it that long. I wish there was a way that parents could check their kids. It sure doesn't look too hard by the way the doctor diagnoses an ear infection. Needless to say, they are both on antibiotics and loving it. I think it's orange flavored. Yeah for good medicine that my kids love.


On another note, Adam and I are trying to refinance our car and our home. If all works out as planned, we'll save about $90 a month. And it's not nearly as hard as we thought. I don't know why we didn't do our car sooner. The home we just bought in July but we can refinance at .75 lower our loan guy says. I would recommend looking into it. We've been reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad lately and playing the game Cashflow (our neighbor own is luckily. it's 200$). It's all about increasing your cashflow to save money for acquiring assets that bring in money. It's very interesting but then, the First Presidency had a letter read in sacrament yesterday about paying off all debt and being very careful with your investments. I wonder about what the correct order is. Is it better to pay off all debt and then go about getting a rental property that will bring in money? I don't want some major disaster to come and then have our things repossessed because we don't own them. Interesting thoughts. I'm mulling them over.


We've also gotten our yard blue staked so we can get some landscaping done. If you're one of the lucky ones to have come to our home, you know how badly we need to get something going in our backyard. Maybe it's the skeleton of a shed we have up that is hinting at lowering property values all around us or the 3 ft weeds we had growing everywhere last summer. We're going to fix that this summer. Maybe some real grass, and a few flowers. I love having the land to grow what we want!


And here is a picture of my friend Rachel and I and our kids (minus Luke). I got to see her in January I think. Isn't she cute. She was my visiting teaching companion and friend. She was a great example and I learned a lot from her about being friends with our VTees. And I thought this pic was cute so here it is :)

4 comments:

Brynn said...

Hi! This is Brynn (Howard) Naegle. I grew up with Adam in Brawley. I found your blog through the Jones's, who I used to know in my married ward in Utah. Good to see your cute kids! You can catch us at bcnaegle.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

Hi Adri! Good luck with the garden! I have to say, when it comes to listening to "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" or the First Presidency regarding debt, I'd have to side with the First Pres on this one.

:)
Love,
Nicole

Kika VilaNova said...

aawwww I LOVE YOU GIRLS!!
I miss you two as my VTeachers SO MUCH! I still see Rachel regularly and would see you if you didn't live so far away :P

she IS a great example, and so are YOU! )

love, Kika*

Kika VilaNova said...

You have GOT to update this more often :)

Hey the next girls night out info is on my blog, go check it out and COME!!!:)
Hugs!!
Kika*