Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hibernation

I know it's been forever since I've posted so to all of you who check my blog repeatedly everyday looking for a great source of wisdom and funniness, I owe you my greatest apologies. I have been practically out of commission for the past few months. I never knew I could sleep more than my kids. And those of you who know my kids know that they are good sleepers. Luke can sleep up to 16 hours a day, still. And Jacob is just behind that. So it's a good thing that I'm pregnant or else all that sleeping would be totally unjustified. I have been totally behind on all basics of being a housewife/homemaker so I have not been able to justify my blogging. Adam has worn dirty pants and wrinkled shirts one too many times to church and we have had too many sandwiches and eaten out too much to my liking (and our budget's liking).

But I seem to be pulling out of the hibernation as I am almost 14 weeks along now. We've heard the heartbeat which was is always a relief and I can already tell (and so can others) that I'm pregnant. I am not one of those lucky ones that can wear my normal jeans and just unbutton them. I seem to grow in front and back and all around. Maybe this is to help balance me out. At least I have never had back problems. So I'm at that stage where nothing fits. Hope it doesn't bother anyone if I wear the same sweat pants everyday.

So congrats to us. We're going to have 3 kids under the ripe old age of three. Before we've been married 4 years. We are excited for the chaos ready to unleash itself. And for the baby. :) We really don't care if it's a boy or girl. Three boys would be so fun but I have had my eye on those girl clothes for quite some time now. Guess we'll know soon. 6 weeks.

Surprise! Unless you already knew, then it's not a surprise.

17 comments:

Rachael said...

congratulations! so exciting--I'm looking forward to finding out what gender you're having!

Crystal and Rosario said...

Congratulations! That is super exciting! Another cute Whittle to join the world. :-)

Kathryn Cooper said...

Congratulations! On to number 3, how exciting!

Melanie said...

Yay for babies! I love the tone you take- this is it, here we go! You are awesome- congrats!

whitney said...

Yay! Yay! I'm so excited for you! I'd be lying to say that none of my excitement is b/c I'm not the only one having three so close together. We'll have just barely past the four-year marriage mark when this baby is born and Ezra turns 3 like two weeks before I'm due. Needless to say, I can totally relate.

Rachel said...

Awesome. Glad to hear you are still alive. Lucky girl to have a kid sleeping 16hours. Makinze is getting teeth so she's not much fun. Me and Kika miss you. Come visit.

Kristin Hanson said...

Congrats!!!

I was the same way - nothing fit after 8 weeks and I would have worn sweat pants every day if I wasn't working. With the next pregnancy, you better believe I will be!

beapinkal said...

Well i got your email yesterday and it was a big surprise! Congrats for your new baby:) I'm excited for you! I know how you feel about the sleeping thing:)
But it's ok.. it's just 9 months right?:) i miss u

Unknown said...

congratulation! Hope you feel better and get more energy!

Jennifer said...

Congradulations Adrienne. Three kids, that is very exciting!

Shan said...

Hey! I am glad you found my blog! Yours is way cute. And CONGRATULATIONS! You are far far far braver than I am! (obviously) I just have to know if Adam got in trouble for announcing it over the pulpit??:)

Blackburn Family said...

ADRI! Yay for blog comments! This is to let you know that we do read your blog and are very amused by what you write. We're very very excited for the new baby. See you manyna. Do you want us to bring anything else besides brownies?

Joseph and Kimberly said...

Congrats you guys. I am way excited for your little family. Tell everyone hi for Joe and Me.

Kristyn said...

"Unleash the beast"! That was so funny. Congratulations to you and Adam, that is so unbelievably exciting!!!

Kristyn said...

I meant the part about the chaos unleashing itself, sorry, that was weird.

And your new blog title should be 2 + 2 1/2!! :) Yeah!

Kika VilaNova said...

CONGRATS!!

me and Rachel was like, "Cmon Adrienne , just ADMIT IT!" hahaha

You are CRAZY though, 3 under the age of 3, but on the other hand you get it over with real soon :)

hugs hugs my dear!

PLOTHOW FAMILY said...

I found it. I read the first part and skipped it the first time. Not that I didn't care to read on I just thought it wouldn't be hidden in your post called hibernation that's all. Plus I was in a hurry. Congrats again. See ya later.