Thursday, July 3, 2008

Random Sampler

I'll give you a quick update since I just think about what I need to blog about and then never do it because I need pictures and it takes too long and I'm still tired and out of time. So, in the past month and a half, we've had two big birthdays!

Jacob turned 1 on the 24th of may. We were camping so I have a few pictures but he's dressed in ugly clothes and he ate little debbie cupcakes with a candle in them for his b-day. But we all had fun. He started crawling around his birthday so he's now getting pretty fast. He likes to crawl over to the stairs and dangle his feet over the edge to get attention. He hasn't fallen yet luckly. Luke is very protective of him which is also very nice. Whenever he stands up and touches the fireplace cover (those big metal things) Luke will come running to me and say "fall" over and over again and pull my hand until I can get jacob off it. It probably stems from the one time I walk outside for 2 minutes and the approx 15lbs thing falls on top of jacob and wedges him underneath it and hits Luke in the face on the way down. I felt pretty badly but at least they now know not to touch it, I hope. And I can't take it away because they'll be playing in the fireplace. So anyway, Jacob is now 27lbs and 30in tall. He hasn't gained weight in a few months which the doctor said is good which puts him back in the charts at 90% for weight and 75% for height. Still a big boy but managable for carrying. I keep waiting for that arm muscle of mine to show up but, still waiting.

Adam also had a great b-day. The big Quarter of a Century Birthday! I planned on writing 25 things I love about him but I can't do it now (because of time, not because I can't think of them). Let it suffice to say that he's the sweetest, most loving and thoughtful, and hottest daddy and husband in the world. I like to pretend that he's all creaky and wrinkly now that he's 25 but i've only got a few more weeks and then i'm in the boat too.

Everything else is going well. It's very hot here. I think we skipped spring unfortunately. We play in the pool (the cheapo plastic ones) almost everyday and eat popsicles and read books. And other ideas would be appreciated. Within walking distance.

And happy independence day!

3 comments:

Blackburn Family said...

hey! we took your stroller home with us on accident last weekend after the bbq. so we'll bring it up to terry and cay's tomorrow. did you know that we're going to stadium of fire!?! i'm super excited! it's going to be a great 4th of july!

Melanie said...

I don't have many ideas, since we spend most of our time inside hugging the AC, but one of Leah's favorite things to do (especially with Bence- so similar ages) is go on scavenger hunts. We take a bucket and gather any neat things we find. It makes walks much more exciting!

whitney said...

What fun birthdays! What a BIG boy Jacob is-in both age and size. He makes my little 17 pounder look like a dwarf-lol. Whether it looks like it or not, I bet you're building muscle.