Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bedtime stories

Every night I tell Luke the same story. He calls it the "bug, stick, leaves, bug" story. I'm proud to be the author of such a cool story.

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who loved to make soup. So she went into her backyard and she got some dirt, water, sticks, leaves, and bugs and she stired them around and around and she made soup.

It looked so good so she took it to her mommy and she said, "Mommy, do you want some soup?"

Her mommy said, "Eww yuck! Why don't you give it to the bear?"

So she took her soup outside and set it down by the tree and then she hid behind the tree and then she said, "Bear. Bear. Come eat my soup."

And the bear came and ate her soup and loved it.


Luke knows the whole thing. I've been reciting it for months now twice a day. Now he helps me tell it to Jacob. And sometimes we just sit on Luke's car bed and laugh while we're telling it because we think we're pretty funny telling it together. He is one of my greatest friends.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The last line of your post... adorable, tear jerker. :) I think that is the best story I've ever heard. I love that your boys love it so much too.

Briana said...

How sweet. That makes me want kids. right now :)

beapinkal said...

how cute! i miss you! I just remember all of our fun memories every time i read your blog. Like when we were pregnant together or when we played with the hose with our kids, or when you were my visiting teacher, or when we watched that crazy so boring movie at your house:) hehehehehe and everything else.

whitney said...

you have some very, very lucky kids to have such a wonderful mother.