Saturday, April 24, 2010

Belated Easter Post

Every year over Easter weekend, we go camping in Zion National Park.  It's tradition.  We (meaning my extended family) has been going for 52 years now.  This is a picture of "the watchman".  My grandpa even has it etched onto his heastone.  We camp right beneath it every year.



A lot of the pictures on this post come from this big guy, my cousin, Mike.  He's good, huh.

We did a lot of this while down there.  Not the sleeping.  I mean the hiking.  I set up a hiking schedule and drove everyone crazy.  But, without it, we wouldn't have gone.  If you're familiar with the area, we did Emerald Pools, Weeping Rock, and Canyon Overlook.  I was pleasanly surprised to see my kids hike the whole way to Emerald Pools.  A 2.0 mile round trip hike.  And Jacob had to be carried a bit near the end but he did great.  Luke raced my up the mountain.  He's pretty tough.  My continuous exercise program for them is paying off although we call it taking walks and riding bikes.

That orange hat is Jacob's "camping hat".  We encouraged him to get it (at DI) since he tends to have wandering feet.  That way, he's easier to spot.

And my sister made this cute ballerina thing for Jane.  She loves it.  So do my boys.  Isn't it super cute.


And here's a picture of the just the cousins who come.  Some are second cousins.  This was 2 years ago.


Ta Da.  Done.  More on the actual working of the Whittle family later.  I'm off to help replace the rain gutter.  It keeps making trenches in my newly planted butterfly garden (meaning it doesn't actually look like one yet.  Maybe in August). 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, while Luke looks like a 50/50 split of you and Adam, Jacob looks like 100% mini-Adam. And I love those rain jackets and ballerina skirt. Jane is such a cutie pie.

We'd love to see you guys if you come out east this summer! We'd plan a fun day for your kids.

whitney said...

So much fun! I'm jealous of all the hiking, spence and I haven't done nearly enough of it lately. Love the camping hat, what a smart idea!

Unknown said...

Awesome! I had no idea you had a blog. Glad I could give my pics for this worthy endevour!

I will definately be back.