Friday, August 6, 2010

We love summer!

Just so you know, we're doing great!  Don't they look great.  I think they were fighting bears in this picture and being super heros.  (Thanks for the capes Gloria and James!)


We've been camping a few times in July.  Did I mention we love camping.  It's so great.  You get to leave almost all responsibility at your house and go have fun.  Then come back and clean out all the dirt.  My kids actually slept in their own tent.  I was thinking they were a little small but they wanted to.  Adam and I have our own tent again.  The big one :)

And here is Adam's hammock.  He actually slept in this a lot on his mission.  Kids loved it.  Jacob would sleep in it if we left him there. 

Adam also taught the kids how to shoot on one of our camping trips.  I'm still not sure how I feel about that but it's already happened.  They had fun. We also taught them safety at the same time so dont' worry.


We also went to the zoo with my mom and grandpa (her dad).  So fun.  My kids love the bird show the most.  And the owl in the bird show is their favorite animal they say.  Although it changes every time I ask so it's kinda hard to tell.

Jane had a blow-out mid zoo experience.  Luckily when a kid started making fun of her, her self esteem is high enough she didn't even blink an eye.  :)
I also forgot the stroller (in addition to the extra clothes).  It wasn't so bad.  My kids are troopers.  They took a long nap that day.

This is my brother (one of them) and sis and me in a homstead in Thompson Canyon, UT (near moab).  It's a ghost town.  My great grandma lived here.  Isn't that cool.  There was an 8 car caravan taking the tour (our family reunion).  It was so cool.

Oh yeah, and we've been doing yard work.  Again.  Don't I have a buff husband.

So things are great.  I like summer much more than winter.  Adam and I have been running on our treadmill and are getting better.  Adam is going to run his first 5k in a couple weeks.  I am going to be his best cheerleader with a few sidekicks. 

I'll try and update more often.  It sure is difficult to keep up when I don't write very often.

4 comments:

Emily V. said...

you guys have such a cool family! Way to go! :) no seriously though, you all look so happy and like you are having a super fun adn productive summer! Landscaping, gardening, camping, traveling, fighting bears... it doesn't get much better! Also Adri your bangs are so cute!

Take care and thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I got to see you last week! The kids are super cute and well-behaved, and it was fun to see your bunnies and garden! I love that Jane's self-esteem is strong enough for touring the zoo in nothing but a diaper! Too cute!

Kristyn said...

I want to sleep in a hammock too! Fun pictures!

Sylvia said...

I love your bangs!