Saturday, July 2, 2011

Almost there

I should probably post something in case anyone is wondering if we have a baby yet.  The answer is no.  Due in 10 days.  Had a dr. appt yesterday and he said things are moving in the right direction but i'm not close enough to be induced.  So, dr. appt next friday and we'll see.  I am planning on going without an epidural (which will be my first time) so I'm fine with not being induced but it does make things a little more stressful with a 30 min drive across downtown slc.  We'll see.  Baby has to drop before that's even an option and Luke and Jacob never dropped so we'll see :)

I think it's safe to say the sprinklers are done.  They have been running for a week now and the trenches are filled in and grass seed is starting to sprout.  Go us!  It is really so nice to have a sprinkler system when starting grass seed.  It gets watered 4 times a day and I just listen for it to start.

However, I thought I'd put in a word from the a-little-bit-wiser here for those thinking of a sprinkler system.
1.  It's best to put your lawn in and sprinkler system in at one time.
2.  If that's not an option, continue to mow your lawn.  It's not as hard to mow over the tops of trenches as you might think.  It's much easier than mowing 3 ft tall grass.
3.  Try not to be pregnant while doing your sprinkler system.  It's pretty hard to get down and up all the time and lean all the way over a trench.
4.  Wear gloves when gluing PVC.  You'll regret it if you don't.
5.  Buy way more fittings from your hardware store so you don't have to go as much and then just return everything you don't use.
6.  Building your own manifolds isn't that hard.
7.  Start earlier in the spring.  It takes awhile.
8.  Sprinklers don't cost all that much so add more, just in case because it's easier to take away one than add one.

That's all I can think of on the spot.  Now that it's all done, I'm pretty much done.  I keep trying to make lists of things to do before the baby comes and I can only come up with a thing or two.  My freezer is stocked, laundry is done, bags are packed, baby clothes have been in the dresser for months, library books are current (not overdue anytime soon), . . .  I guess I could make some more playdough.  We're running low.  It's amazing how that stuff disapears.

Good thing Adam's family is coming to town.  I think I'll play long and hard this week hoping our baby will come along.

So here are a few pictures of what we've been up to.

Squishing playdough with our feet.
 Making cool things.

Jane made me all these legos.  She says they all have wings.  I think so too.
 And here is me at about 38 weeks.  Not the best shot but it also shows my new haircut a little bit.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how fun! I am so glad the sprinkler system is all done now. Whew! Doesn't sound fun to do that while pregnant. Super-Woman! Any day now for baby #4! Excited for you guys.

Crystal and Rosario said...

Yay for sprinklers! I lovd when we finally got them. Made life so much easier and the yard doesn't die!

Your kiddos are so cute. I can't believe Jane has such blonde hair! I thought you were Italian, Frontone. ;-)

And good luck going without an epidural. My trick was to say I was definitely not getting one. It was really never an option for me though because I was terrified of them! Just couldn't bring myself to even think about it. Anyway, I was induced with Alessia and did it without an epidural so it can be done (but I hope you don't have to be induced). I hope baby comes soon!

Breanne said...

You are definitely a braver woman than I. After last time of having to wait forever for the epidural I vowed that I would make sure that was the first thing that happened as fast as it could when I get to the hospital. Good luck!

ashley said...

How exciting Adri! I agree with the comment that you really need to decide 100% to not have an epidural (I've survived 2...but I've never been induced). Oh, and staying at home as long as possible. With my second there was just no time to get one even though I wanted one :) Good luck!!
-Ashley :)

Heather Wrigley said...

I want to see your new haircut--it looks cute! Also, I think you should have baby Tarzan this Friday, on my birthday :) Love you guys!