After the Christmas devotional we tried to wear Luke down for bed. We spent almost an hour doing this:
Worked like a charm. He was out in under 5 minutes, maybe a few welts but none the worse for wear.
This weekend we were really busy. We heard about some Christmas trees that were being sold for only $25 so we went and got one. This is what it looks like:
and no we don't have a rodent infestation, we just have REALLY cool mice ornaments!! We also bought some cinnamon scented pine cones that we think look nice on the tree AND they make our house smell like cinnamon, mmmmmmm.
After getting our first live tree ever we dropped it off at home. This turned out to be a problem because in visiting the house in between our Christmas shopping trips we promptly turned our newly snowed upon driveway into an ice slick. We also didn't have a snow shovel for most of the day, the stores had sold out, so there wasn't much we could do about it. After dropping the tree off we needed a few more things. We went to D.I. and found a tree stand for only $1, a table cloth turned tree skirt that was conveniently red and green, a really cool wood bowl thing that made a centerpiece for our table (more cinnamon pine cones, love those things), and some great Christmas gifts for the boys.
Also, we finally caved in and bought a new car seat for Jacob, hopefully one that he will be able to fit in for more than 6 months. More about that later, signing off.
4 comments:
I love the decorations! Your home is beautiful! It's good to see you blogging again!
I love your tree. It is so cute. And yes decorate a tree this early is an american thing but since I have been here in the past 3,5 year i decided it is o much fun! :)
I miss you guys.
Your tree looks beautiful! This is our first year to have a tree too, but we got a fake one because I can barely keep an aloe and cactus plant alive.
Adri and Adam!
We love your blog. Your tree is beautiful and so is your table centerpiece. I miss those boys and their parents. Want to give you all a kiss.
love, mom
Post a Comment