Friday, January 25, 2008

The Preschooler's Book

So I went to the library last week in search of some fun things to do with my kids. I picked up the book: The Preschooler's BUSY BOOK. 365 Creative Games and Activities to Keep your 3-6 year old busy. I looked through it and there are some great things in there that even Luke can do. Now all I have to do is get organized. But in the book there were some great quotes I thought I would share because I think they were pretty much right on:

"Motherhood brings as much joy as ever, but it still brings boredom, exhaustion, and sorrow too. Nothing else will ever make you as happy or as sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop his own individuality-especially while you struggle to keep your own." Marguerite Kelly and Elia Parsons

"The years ruch past, as every older woman will tell the young mothers who complain that they still have two little ones at home and it seems like forever before they will all be in school. Oh no, they say, time flies - enjoy them while they're young - they grow up so fast . . .
The mothers agree that indeed the years do fly. It's the days that don't. The hours, minutes of a single day sometimes just stop. And a mother finds herself standing in the middle of a room wondering. Wondering. Years fly. Of course they do. But a mother can gag on a day." Jain Sherrard

Enjoy.

5 comments:

Erica said...

Definitely right on :)

Erica said...

Definitely right on :)

Blackburn Family said...

I think you guys are the greatest parents. And your kids are way cool. Peace Sis and Inny.

Rachael said...

first of all, i need to check that book out. and secondly, what great quotes!

whitney said...

How true they are! The years really do fly by, but sometimes I "can gag on a day." Thanks for posting them-it's always nice to know that someone out there understands.