Wednesday, April 9, 2008



We have colds. Bummer. But Adam and I have them the worst so we're trying hard not to pass them to kids. Especially since Jacob is sick again with this congestion thing. And now they are thinking that it might be something structurally with his windpipe that is making it so he can't clear up. He's doing fine but he's not getting better. But he's also not getting much worse. We'll see what happens. He's on another round of antibiotics to see if it will go away.


We loved conference and even got to go to the sunday afternoon session. It was so great to be able to see our new prophet walk in with his two counselors. What a great experience. I loved the talks. It seemed that they were being more blunt than usual. I especially loved the talk on motherhood (ballard?). He said "You cannont draw water from an empty well." That might be paraphrasing but I loved that. It's hard for me to have gotten an education to now be home all day, every day. Not that I would rather be anywhere else because I wouldn't. But just because I'm home doesn't mean that I have to stop learning. I am learning more about my kids, that's for sure. But I also have a great supportive husband who lets me get out when I need and helps me to continue learning. I just finished taking an interior design class through the community which was really fun for me. I'm looking into other classes. Maybe Spanish, or "feed your family of 4 on $160/month". We'll see what is next. I'm also looking into starting a web design business. I am a little nervous about that just because I don't want to take away from family time but I have about 10hrs/week during naptime to possibly do some work. And the upfront costs are pretty minimal so it's not a real risky business. Hence, we're in the market for a computer. Especially since this one is having problems. And because we recently got a really big tax return.


We have way too many plans for our tax return. We were originally going to just put it towards debt but now we are going to: treat termites, add attic insulation, fix the garage door, go to the dentist and eye doctor, buy a used dresser for kids, computer, and then debt. And as much as I'm opposed to the economic stimulus package, I will definetly be using the money to pay down more debt. Not that we're in that much but debt free sounds great to me :)

And I love this movie of Luke. He is so funny :)

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

I love this video. Luke is so funny. oh by the way i need to get your phone number because i was in the salt lake area and wanted to come visit but didn't have your phone number.