Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We are back from a wild camping trip at Smith and Morehouse (kind of by Park City) where it was nice and sunny for the first 2 days and then rained the last night and day. There was even a little snow in the end which made taking down the tent pretty cold and muddy. So we set it up in the yard when we got home and got it to dry out. I love our tent. I'm glad it kept us relatively warm in the rain and snow. The boys even slept better than I thought.

This picture below is of Luke on his first day of potty training. He's now been at it for 9 days and he's doing great! On the first day, I decided to do a potty party and we went to the dollar store and he got to pick out some stuff. Like this nice had and he got a princess wand which you can see on the love sac. I also attempted to buy really cool drinks so we could take lots of trips to the potty so we could have this "potty train your child in a day" thing going. Nice try. We're still getting the hang of it but he can go in the potty if someone gets him there. That's a big step forward so we're proud parents :)



This is a picture of a homemade stirfry that is almost entirely from our garden. Tomatoes, yellow squash and zucchini, and green peppers. And before you think that I made that beautiful conglomerate, that is not my forte. Adam is the good cook at our house. I go to him for advice.

And here is Jacob taking his first steps. He's getting a little better as this happened on 8/20. By next month he'll be running I bet.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

So many new things going on in your little household! Congrats on the new walker and potty man. One less diaper to change...hopefully!

Shan said...

Yay for potty training! Yay for yummy garden food, and YAY for walking!! :)Cute video too, you guys are just cute. :) I especially love the princess wand, that looks like something that belongs at my house:)

whitney said...

Yay! yay! for potty training! It's a big step and loads of hassle in the process (at least it was for us), but SO worth it when it's done. Good luck!