Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Induced

So I went to the doctor today and she said she'll induce me a full 7 days early! Isn't that great! It sounds great but I'm a little nervous about being induced. Does anyone have any stories for or against?

And, the purpose of the pregnancy ring (nicole) is because my fingers get chubby along with the rest of me. I'll blame that on the water retention.

10 comments:

whitney said...

I've heard both sides of the induction story (although I've never been induced before). From what I've heard, the biggest recommendation I can give you is it's great IF your body is ready to give birth. If you're not all ripe and ready, it can make for a not very fun labor. However, if you are, it can really get things in motion. *shrug* Either way, I don't envy Pit contractions (shudder).

Unknown said...

because my water breaks but I don't go into labor, i've had to be induced with Pitocin both times. And it all worked out fine both times! I've heard that the contractions come closer together and more consistent with the induction, but I never experienced without it! And they hurt, but are doable.

COOLWHIP said...

I have been induced with 3 of my 5. I opted to do it because i don't want to have to wake kids up in the middle of the night to get them some place because i went into labor. And, if i were to have gone full term with any of my last 4, i would have had 10+ lbs babies. And, my labors have never been over 4 1/2 hrs, excapt my 1 st baby, and she was 7. No side of the road babies, thank you very much. Those are my excuses. I love that there are options out there, and everyone has the right to choose for themselves what is right for them. Even if not everyone agrees.
My last one i went on my own, because i wanted to.

Shan said...

yay for early babies! I would die if I ever had to go full term. Mine have both come early (way tooooo early) and both on my own, but I have had pitocin and HATE it. It stopped my labor in both cases. But don't worry, I am one of those rare few where everything goes wrong, yours will be SPECTACULAR :)

Joseph and Kimberly said...

Hey, I was induced with Jadyn, My doctor told me that if my body didn't respond to the pitocin they could just stop the drip and let me go naturally or try again later. However when I first started the pitocin Jadyn's heart rate dropped for a few seconds so they wanted to put a monitor on her head. In order to do that they have to break your water. Once your water breaks you have to have the baby so if my body didn't respond to the pitocin they would have had to do a c-section. But everything went great and we had her about six hours after getting to the hospital, that includes doing all of the paperwork=). They do have a scale that tells weather or not your body has progressed enough for you to be induced. My advise would be to run what if questions by your doctor and see what they say. Good Luck!

Tarrant Talk said...

I was induced and it was great. I felt very in control because I knew when I was getting to the hospital and I had everything planned. That is a big deal for me. Kinda weird that way. Must be the school teacher in me. Go for it girl!!

Erin said...

I have been induced with all three and love it...time to plan, time to get the epidural ;), time to get the kiddos to someone, time to get to the hospital!! No complaints here! It's been a breeze all three times!!!

Kika VilaNova said...

i don't know, of course, but just pray that HF will guide the doctors either way :)

hugs!

Anonymous said...

Why did they decide to induce you? My sister-in-law got induced, I think because the baby was pretty big already and because she lives pretty far from the hospital so they were nervous that she wouldn't make it if it wasn't scheduled.

Gary Blackburn said...

Kim was induced and whe turned out pretty good! It was great to be able to plan the day and pack your bags and leasurely head for the hospital rather than the "natural" mad rush and frayed nerves.