Sunday, November 2, 2008

Finally Updated

Drumroll Please . . .

Here is Adam's sister Heather and her fiance, Jonathan(sp). Aren't they cute together. He proposed on Halloween and I'm so excited for her. And she picked a great guy. And I love her ring. Don't you? Oh, and this picture was taken the following day. We went down to Provo to see them and Brittany (Adam's other sis) who came down from Idaho. And they had a powderpuff football game and Heather is one tough girl. Doesn't she look it :)



And for other news, please welcome the newest member of the family. Our new (heavily used) minivan. We got if for really cheap but then put lots of money into fixing it. The check engine light was off long enough to pass emissions but now it's back on again. But I did get it registered today so we are fully legal. Now we just have to figure out that check engine light again.

Take a good look at how cute it is. I love driving it. It has a great big winshield and lots of room inside. I don't feel cramped anymore. It won't be able to do all the offroading that the Jeep can but it can fit lots of people and most importantly, all of our up and coming kids. And, it's totally paid for. How nice to not have car payments! I hope it lasts a really long time. And, today I actually pushed a shopping cart out of the way with it and I didn't feel bad at all. What's one more dent. Actually, I don't think I dented it but who would know?


And here is the Jeep that is for sale. Feel free to come and take a look. It will be sorely missed.

Having the van register brings up another point. The DMV. It actually wasn't as bad as I expected. It only took me 2 hours today to get our car registered and I managed to come home not frazzled by the experience with the kids. And I only spent about 45 minutes in a drive-through line to get told, "You have to come inside to do that." Well, why didn't you post a sign then. Or at least write it on the internet. I checked the website before I went in and all the forms I would need before I went in. So I hauled the kids inside and we bought starbursts after a little while to try and get them to stay calm. It worked better than I thought. There were people everywhere. After experiencing this, why would anyone want socialized healthcare. It seems that everything having to do with the government is usually so disorganized. So for my political tidbit, go research the best canidate and vote for him. And if you don't know who to vote for, take my advice. Vote for McCain.

Oh, and Adam got released from Ward Clerk. Yeah! And I only say that because he got called into Young Men and didn't get released from being the clerk and it was wearing me out. He was fine. So I get him home on Sundays now. Although he's gone for other things now. I had no idea how many firesides and activities the youth have. But he's loving it. So anyway, thank you to the person who is now the ward clerk.

And, Adam's work passed their ISO 9000 audit. Adam's been busy. And I've been busy covering for him. So that makes me busy too. Props to them. Now they can bid on lots more jobs and thigns for the government and military and aerospace and . . .

And that's all folks.

6 comments:

Erica said...

congrats on your new van. we just got one and we are loving it!

Blackburn Family said...

We still haven't actually seen the van yet but we LOVE mini-vans just like we LOVE bald babies! And yay for Heather and Jonathan.

Blackburn Family said...

p.s. did you notice that I commented on ALL of your blogs! :)

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Are you really about to have another baby!? you go girl! I thought I was pregnant again and i was going nuts! we miss u!

Kristyn said...

Cristina's comment made me go back and double check. ha ha. I think she was talking about the minivan being the newest member of your fam? Or did I miss it? Sweet ride. I know it's in our future, too. We'll hit you up for suggestions when our time comes! And congrats to the soon to be married couple!

whitney said...

Welcome to the minivan mommy club! We're the cooolest. Ok, not really, but they really are super-handy with three *very* little kids (b/c I know you'll be in the same spot as me w/kids age-wise).