Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary to us!

I have been meaning to post this for awhile now. I uploaded the pictures but have been trying to find the time to write since then. All my kids are currently asleep which is my only time to do anything at the computer (or almost anything else for that matter) so this is precious time so I'll have to hurry.

So, Adam and I celebrated our 4th Anniversary! On December 28th. We played a riveting game of Killer Bunnies. Besides the fact that we had a new baby and couldn't really go out, it was a Sunday. We have some rainchecks though for fun stuff later. Like a dinner, just the two of us. And we'll go see the new James Bond movie together (which I don't know if I'll follow very well but I'll try).

NEWay, for our anniversary, I thought I would write how we met. Here goes.


Adam and I met at BYU at the start of the fall semester of 2001. We were in the same ward and had the same major and were in the same Freshman Acadamy (share 3 classes together). We hit it off when we first met because we could talk for such a long time together. However, we didn't really start hanging out until second semester when we had more classes together and we started studying together with some other guys. I didn't really like him until a few months later after the practically all-nighters we had to pull together (I say practically because I've never actually done an all-nighter. I always take a little nap in the hall or something. What can I say. I need my beauty sleep!) We started pairing off a little near the end of the semester but just as friends. I wasn't sure he liked me because he would say things like "You're like a sister to me." Now what's a girl supposed to think about that. He left after winter semester to go home and work and I thought I lost my other half. Luckily he initiated some calling and emailing which helped me through. We talked almost everyday. A few weeks later, I went down to his farewell in Brawley. It was super hot and super fun. This is where I would say I actually fell in love with him. I met his great family and saw the things he loves so much about "back home".

Adam left a couple weeks after that for Guatemala and we continued to write letters. We limited letters to every other week but near the end of the mission, it was probably every month. And we've saved every letter in some notebooks. He was a good writer. NEWay, I wasn't "waiting" for him since I still wasn't sure he liked me since he had never said anything. He still said I was like a sister.

July 14th 2004, Adam got home from his mission. I was counting down the days. Then I was counting down the days till he would call. I thought he would call the next day. It took 4 days. Apparently he sent a letter with his phone number asking me to call and it didn't make it. I thought he would call so we were both waiting for a call. Luckily, he called me. I didn't want to seem too forward. I would have waited longer I think.

We talked on the phone for a couple months (I was in CT and he was in CA). We decided to date. At least I thought so. Talking about it later, he thought he asked me on a date and I thought he asked to date me. Either way, it worked out. We met up at BYU Aug 26th 2004 and picked up right where we left off, practically. He wasn't too weird for a just-off-the-mission guy and I'm a good flirt (j/k) so things fell into place.

Adam proposed on Oct 12th and we got engaged soon after (long story). Then we switched the date from April to December 28th on November 10th freaking everyone out. So we were engaged for about 6 weeks. All the planning went great seeing as how I did almost nothing for it (thank you everyone!) and we got married in the San Diego temple. Here are some pictures.









Near our first anniversary.




Near our second anniversary. Dec 2006.



Near our third anniversary. Dec 2007.


Near our fourth anniversary. Dec 2008.

And Adam gets more handsome every year. I am a lucky (blessed is probably a better word) wife.

2 comments:

Crystal and Rosario said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been 4 years. In some ways it seems like a lot longer. You are such a cute couple and family!

whitney said...

Happy (belated) anniversary! What a cute couple and cute little family you guys are. Congrats of four years together, you guys sure have gotten a lot done!