Friday, January 23, 2009

My Musings

Here are a few quick updates:

Here's Jane in the sink. One day I'll miss how small she was. So I like to take picutres of my kids in the sink. This is after I put her in the bathtub with the kids. That was chaos. It was one of those things where you say "Don't try this at home." But her head stayed above water and she got clean.





And trying to be creative with things to do with the kids, we made Jane muffins for her 1 month birthday. I think she really appreciated the thoughtfullness. Doesn't she look like she's loving the attention :)




Here is a wrap I made (with fabric my mom brought). I guess I shouldn't really say made because I just cut the fabric. Nothing to it. And Jane loves it. Although it's a lot of fabric weight and it made my back hurt after awhile but I like it.

I also made one like this (this obviously isn't me) which has its perks. It's much lighter so I can take it places if I need it but she doesn't like it as much. She's pretty squished but I heard you can put a towel underneath them to bring them up a little. I'll try it.




And here is Luke feeding Jane Cheerios. We have gone over not feeding her food because "she doesn't have any teeth" but someone is not getting the drift. I turn my back for 10 seconds and find that she has 2 cheerios in her mouth and is trying to get them out. Luke has also taken to picking up Jane when she starts to cry. Yesterday I turn around because I can hear Jane's whimpering coming closer to me. Sure enough. Luke is carrying Jane across the tiled kitchen floor. Scary! Luke didn't think so because he did it again after being told not to. Guess she'll have to be strapped in at all times! Two years olds should not be carrying 1 month olds. Even though he is almost 3.



And here is our first attempt at a kid shot. And this was the best of the bunch. I wonder how family pictures will go?

3 comments:

Bea said...

CUUUUUTE! i love all the pictures. And i miss you of course. Hey can you teach me how to make that wrapping thing? i want one! Is it good for older babies too? Akos is 5 months old now. How big fabric did you need for it and what kind??
you look great.

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

I know what you mean on the feeding the toothless baby, just look what austin was feeding ethan on our first blog pic. Jane is beautiful!

whitney said...

Oooo, I'm a HUGE hotslings fan. It's seriously the only way I can go to the store (you have to put the baby somewhere w/one kid in the back of the cart and one kid in the seat of the cart OR two kids in the stroller). As for the squished baby in the cradle hold, I find that my babies enjoy it a lot more when I put them in a front carry (at 2ish months).

Jane is just so cute! I love her chubby little cheeks. The muffin idea was super-cute too!