Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Luke!

My little boy is growing up! He turned 3 on Feb 3rd and we got him a cool car bed. But lots of family was coming in for Jane's blessing the following weekend so we had a little party on the weekend too. That's why I'm so late in posting.

Here's his cake. I had grand ideas of making a cake but it was just too busy. He didn't really care what it looked like anyway. This one worked out fine. And we got trick candles. I think Adam and I liked them more than he did. He got nervous under the pressure to blow them out but I'm sure he would have if there wasn't so much pressure.

These are the spiderman masks we wore instead of party hats. Cool huh :)



Here is the car bed we gor for Luke. He is finally in a big boy bed and doing a great job. I don't know how we got such a good kid. He has been in a playpen for awhile but he made a huge hole in the side which was making me nervous because his head could fit through. That's a sure sign your kid is ready for a big boy bed. He could also climb in and out of the crib and playpen but thankfully, he never did it unless we told him he could. It's the same thing with his bed. Once we tell him to get in bed, he doesn't get out until we come in and get him. I am a lucky mom!

Here is a fun workbench the Whittle side got him for his b-day. He's been pulling the thing through the house and carrying all his tools all over. Thanks!
And the Blackburn side got us a year membership to the Discovery Museum at the Gateway Mall. We went on Monday and it was a blast! My kids were wholly entertained. I'm hoping to go every week. What a fun place!



And here is some of the Blackburn side that came up for the weekend. I have such great family. I wish we got more shots of the Whittle side too. Sure was a busy weekend.

And lastly, I thought I'd write a little about Luke.
On a typical day, Luke can be found toting all of his little toys all over the house. He loves to fill his buckets and laundry basket with toys and them dump them out, play with them, and possibly pick them up.
Luke is definetly our most caring kid so far. He gets very concerned when Jacob or Jane cry and he trys to be so helpful. Lately he has taken to grabbing Jacob's hand to bring him to me so I can help him. And this is after Luke's hug and kiss and the crying still doesn't stop. What a sweetie.
I've also been noticing lately how much Luke is like Adam. They have the same sleep patterns. They almost never act tired but when they sleep, they sleep well and long. Luke loves to fall asleep with his books (and lots of other toys) just like Adam. He can also be pretty crazy but when people come over, he usually gets a little more reserved until he knows them better.
So Happy birthday to Luke. We love you! You are so much fun to be around.

1 comment:

Gary Blackburn said...

Happy girthday Luke. I had as much fun at the Discovery Museum as Jacob and Luke. What a great weekend!

Love,
Grandpa B