Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Getting warmer. Hallelujah.

Things have been great here.  I'll try for a little update.

Luke.  Luke is really funny if he thinks no one outside the family is looking.  But since I'm in the family, we all think he's super funny and really fun.  And he's such a good helper too.  Last night he fed Jacob his asparagus and red pepper pannini which Jacob really doesn't like.  He even snuck a couple bites for him.
They had some Olympic speed skating right near our house so we went to watch.  Really cool.  And Free!  They both said they don't want to try it.  Oh well.  Right now we're just going for exposure.
We celebrated Grandma's (by the farm) birthday when she turned the big half a century.  She'll really appreciate that I put this on there I think :)
Adam and I really like to cook.  Here are some of the latest.

My mom gave me this book called Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day and I love it.  This recipe is in it.  You basically just make the dough ahead of time in bulk and store it in the fridge and you can bake some every night if you want so you can always have fresh bread.  This bread is filled with strawberries and next to it is our homemade whipped cream.

Biscuits with sausage and cheese in them for our sleepover (with the kiddos).  Really good.

Adam went to a local farm and got double yolk eggs for cheap.  They were perfect for deviled eggs.

With the weather warming up, we've been dreaming about and then working in the garden.  Jacob is by far the biggest and most eager helper.  And don't you just love Adam's overalls.  I think he wears them because I love them so much on him.

Adam and I have also been planning out the flower beds.  We recently bought tons of flowers from Michigan Bulb (who seemed to have the best prices and we've used them before and liked them) so now we're just waiting on loads of flowers in the mail.  Each kid got to pick a flower too so they can practice growing them.  And we got some fruit trees last week too.  Our yard is coming together and looking so good.  I'll post some before and after pictures one of these days.
And last but not least, our one and only and favorite cousin came to visit (and her great parents of course).  We just love her (and them).  Wish they lived closer.  At least now we have a car (Stella) who can make the drive to CA.

Everything else is good.  Adam decided to take a class to prepare to take a quality engineering test in June so he's been studying really hard lately.  I'm proud of him and I'm sure he'll do great.  He has to.  We only get reimbursed (by our employer) if he passes.  Go Adam.

Pregnancy is going well.  I get these shooting pains in my sides and when I asked the dr. about them, he said it was round ligament pain.  I thought that was the dull achiness.  He said it can also feel like you're being stabbed by a knife.  It's really too bad there's not too much to be done about ligament pain.  Oh well.  I've picked up yoga to see if that helps.  Any recommendations on which yoga videos are good would be great.  But I'm doing well.  Excited for baby Tarzan to come around this summer. :)

4 comments:

COOLWHIP said...

I want that bread recipe, with the strawberries.
Please, i mean. And then thank you.

rachelle c said...

so glad you all are doing well :) i had that shooting pain too where i though i was gonna die and they said the same thing. now i can look back and say it was all worth it, but it's hard when you're in the moment!! we need to get together soon. still waiting for our invite to see your house ;) if nothing else we will see you at zion's!!!

whitney said...

Oooo, that bread looks so good! Thanks for the catch-up :)

Kathryn Cooper said...

Our blog is going to be private in a week. You can check my blog for details and what to do to get access.