We are having the Best summer ever! I was a little worried about it but it has been so fun!
Each morning the kids wake up and play with Legos together until I come get them. We're eating breakfast and talking about what we dreamed about right after that. And then the kids have jobs to do which has been my lifesaver. They are so helpful and I am I a little worried about what we will do when Luke and Jacob go back to school on Wednesday.
Jane is going to be my helper and we've made a deal. She is going to change the new baby's diapers and I'll change Dalton's. I think this is going to work out great. Us girls have to stick together. She reminds me all the time. That is until she gets a sister, assuming that does happen one day. Then I'll be on my own she says. :) I think we'll still be buddies.
![]() |
| Jane's dance recital outfit. She was adorable, as expected. |
![]() |
| These guys are my buddies too. Look how cute they are. |
![]() |
| How cute are they? |
This summer we've been swimming a LOT. Like almost everyday. We got a local pool pass and it has been so worth it. At the beginning of the summer Luke could doggie paddle somewhat and the others floundered around. Yesterday every kid (except Dalton) jumped off the diving board and swam the 20 ft or so to the side. Luke and Jacob can swim freestyle and backstroke and get things off the bottom of the pool. Jane can swim around without drowning. And Dalton is the best baby swimmer I have ever seen. He loves to be underwater and swimming. And he can actually swim about 4 ft. He'll hold his breath and kick hard. And he loves to jump off the side. He was sad when we couldn't let him go off the diving board yesterday too. We're really proud of them and celebrated with some Macey's ice cream today. Yum!
This pregnancy has been hard. My pelvis is off in 3 directions according to a physical therapist I found who specializes in pelvis problems. Walking has put a lot of strain on my SI joint so sometimes I need a walker. Sometimes not. It is worst at night and after sitting. Especially after sitting in church, the most public place I go. I am so ready to have this baby and start fixing myself. But, I can empathize with young people in walkers. It's much harder emotionally than I thought it would be. At least it's not forever.
So, at 39 weeks and a day, we are so ready to have our little boy. I'm doing hypnobirthing and am a little nervous but the fact that I go so quickly and I'm already dilated 3cm, which is farther than I've ever been before active labor, means it'll be short. That will help me not cave for the epidural I know will be available.




3 comments:
yay fir new blog post:) I can't believe that you are almost there! Any day now huh? Cool! It's so exciting! You are so fun to go swimming and stuff, i love the blanket too:) miss you friend!
Jane's hair is growing!!
Post a Comment