Does anyone have any thoughts on which minivan gives you the best bang for your buck (or something like that)? I don't think we're going to be able to keep our jeep, sad as that may be, because three carseats don't fit across the back. Why do they make carseats so wide? Don't people think that someone might have their kids close together so they might have multiple carseats in the car? And with all these new car seat laws, I think we'll have more than 3 in the car at a time. Oh well.
Help. We're looking for good gas mileage and quality and cheap. Any thoughts?
Or maybe we don't need a van at all. Is there something else that might work?
7 comments:
We have a Nissan Quest. On our trip to Yellowstone we got 27 mpg Keep inb mind it was on the freeway and no AC running. During the heat of the summer street driving on the streets with the AC we get about 20-22. But, i haven't heard of any van with better. We also tune it up regularly.
I would also make sure youa foreign van. They cost a bit more in the beginning, but they last longer and run better. Do some research on COnsumer Report. research.
Honda Pilot. Class and practicality. It's gets up to 25 mpg and i'd bet if you looked you could find it for about as cheap as a minivan.
Not true... The Poilot is the "dream" car. you're looking at 20 - 25k for a used one. We got our van for 10. Keep in mind the Toyota and Honda anything holds it's value, so it is more for a used one. Yes they are nice, yes they run for ever, but they are no better on gas mileage. Our Quest we found at a car auction, as we looked around, it would have been 5k more from the dealer. Like i said, look it up on Consumer Report. Do your research, and be patient.
So, I really like the vans that have dvd players. It just seems so convenient. :P
I have friends that love their Hyundai van. It has the dvd players and all sorts of other nice gadgets. I don't know about the gas mileage or how much it costs though.
All I can tell you is HAGLE, even at a dealer you can save thousands. I completely agree with Ms. Coolwhip. I wish I would have been more patient, and looked around alot more. And don't forget to pray! Good luck cutie!
Post a Comment