Monday, February 1, 2010

January Happenings

This is acutally a Christmas picture but it has a picture of Jane's new doll which Adam and I think is so cute/cool looking and everyone else wants to send it back to DI where it came from. I just love the funky hair. I think maybe I can relate. Had to throw that picture in there so it doesn't get forgotten.
Here are my kids in some Christmas Pajamas after a bath. Squeeky clean.

We went to the Zoo. My kids love the zoo. Jane screamed when she saw things up close because she was so excited.





One of our favorite things to do is go on bike rides. Meaning that Luke and Jacob ride and Jane and I follow behind. One of this things I dislike about the winter is that it makes taking walks/bike rids much harder. Actually, it's the snow. The cold doesn't bother us too much. If it's in the 40's, we're probably outside. 30's might win us a trip to the grocery store (walking) but not much more. We've been thinking about getting a second car (actually a truck) but there are a few things I'd miss. Like how I might actually drive to the library instead of walk and miss the trip. It's actually quite fun to walk there with the kids. Or the fact that Adam and I spend a lot more time together because we have only one car. We always go grocery shopping together and run all errands together. I'm not ready to give it up. Luke has school twice a week so those days are a bit hectic because we have to get Adam to work by 7 which is a bit early for us but it's still worth it. That and who needs an extra payment.


Oh yeah, and we like to eat lunch on the floor sometimes. Clean-up is easier, believe it or not. Instead of cleaning the table, chairs, and floor, I just have the floor.


As for individual updates,


Luke still has preschool and is now a sunbeam at church and it surprises me how shy he is. On Sunday they wanted him to go up there so they could sing to him for his birthday but he didn't want to. So I helped him go up. And in school, he doesn't like to answer the questions the teachers ask him to find out where he's at school-wise. But, I think he's like me. I was always shy until much later. We love him just the way he is. He is certainly not shy at home. In fact, he's somewhat of a twerpy turkey.



Jacob is all over the place. My boys have been staying up past 11 tearing apart their room downstairs. We purposefully put only their beds down there so they couldn't terrorize anything else but every night, they pull up their mattresses and take out the bed slats and build things with them. And every once in awhile someone gets hit with a board but we tell them it's the price they pay for all the fun they're having. Jacob keep sleeping in a sunken bed because he doesn't want to put the bed slats back in. He is our stubborn child. And you should see his scowl. I'll try to catch it on camera. It could freeze you.



Jane is good and walking all over. She loves yogurt and is learning to eat with a spoon. She has this terrible scream when she doesn't get what she wants or she runs out of food. We are working hard on teaching her to say "more". She has also been going to physical therapy because as you might have noticed, her head is always cocked to the side. The doctor said that may happen if she gets stuck while she was inside me or it can be some sort of injury. We're not sure but we're up for fixing it. She doesn't like the stretches but I tell her she can thank me later. I think she will J



Adam and I are busy as usual. We've been reading lots of books just for fun. We started our own book club because we think it's beneficial for us to read some of the same books so we can talk about them. And because it helps us branch out. I'm reading some wizard book right now.

And now that I've finished this post, I'm reminded of why I don't post very often. This one took me about 2 hours. Loading pictures, reloading, moving pictures with a blogger that won't scroll, retyping, (cut and paste don't work. Actually, it's just paste that doesn't work), and all that. Hope you enjoy.

5 comments:

COOLWHIP said...

I like Luke the way he is too. I was having a conversation with Jody about how much I like Luke.... I think quiet is underrated......

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jane got big all the sudden. Do you guys call her Janie? And I love her doll!

whitney said...

Thanks for the update even if it was super-painful!

I just adore Jane's golden curls! So, so pretty.

It absolutely slays me the trouble your boys get into in their rooms late at night. Like seriously laugh out loud funny.

Debbie said...

I love those grandchildren! They are indeed perfect if I do say so. I think Jane will thank you later for sure

Debbie said...

Jane's doll has character, I can say that for her.